Why Doctors Recommend FirstLine Therapy®
Better Health-Now and For a Lifetime
Good health: isn't that what everybody wants? High energy, mental clarity, full function, and absence of disease well into old age. If that's what you want, FirstLine Therapy® can help you.
FirstLine Therapy® is a Therapeutic Lifestyle Change (TLC) program that a growing number of practitioners utilize in the following ways:
- As a first line treatment for common, chronic health problems like those listed below
- To prevent chronic disease in the future
- To improve health and the quality of life now
FirstLine Therapy® is about making choices every day that will enable you to achieve a long, full, and healthy life.
Leading health organizations now recommend lifestyle changes as the "first line of therapy" for the treatment and prevention of chronic disease and other serious health threats. Here are just a few of the health conditions that FirstLine Therapy® can effectively address:
Area of Concern
Heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke
Type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, hypoglycemia
Cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, autoimmune disorders
Low testosterone, low sex drive, loss of vitality and muscle tone
Menopause, hormone imbalance, premenstrual syndrome
Alzheimer's disease, depression, poor memory or lack of mental clarity
Fatigue, sleeplessness, poor overall health
Many of these common health concerns can be reversed or even treated by making some simple, but important lifestyle changes. But where do you start? Who will be there to help you stay on track?
How FLT Works:
One of the reasons diets and exercise programs fail is they are one-dimensional-that is, they focus only on weight loss. But FirstLine Therapy® isn't just about weight loss, it's about achieving a lifetime of good health. So instead of counting calories, you'll learn:
- Simple steps to help you take control of your specific health situation
- Easy ways to track your progress, tips for success, reminders, and other support that will help you achieve your goals and maintain your health improvement.
FirstLine Therapy® will help you:
- Address the underlying cause of common health problems
- Take control of your health by providing you with the necessary tools
- Live your life in a way that improves your health
- Feel good now, and maintain good health for years to come
What Makes FirstLine Therapy®
There are three key reasons that make FirstLine Therapy® (FLT) different than conventional lifestyle programs:
1. FLT is about more than just
- FLT can help you lose unhealthy fat while retaining healthy, lean muscle.
- FLT integrates body composition testing (fat & lean tissue ratios)-because being thin doesn't necessarily mean you're healthy.
- An imbalance in body composition (gaining too much fat or losing too much muscle) can lead to serious health problems such as high blood pressure, altered cholesterol levels, etc.
- Loss of muscle results in loss of ability to burn calories, which makes it much more difficult to maintain weight loss over time.
- FLT focuses on lifestyle factors that are the underlying cause of many health problems.
2. The FLT eating plan is different.
- Most diets focus on NOT eating-not eating fat, not eating carbs, or just plain not eating much of anything. With most diets, success is based primarily on will power.
- The FLT eating plan emphasizes the need to eat, and to eat frequently.
- The focus is on eating THE RIGHT KIND OF FOODS-the right kind of fat, the right kind of carbohydrates, and the right kind of protein-all in the right portion size.
- FLT incorporates a low-glycemic-index eating plan based on the latest scientific research that will help you maintain stable blood sugar and energy levels.
- According to recent studies, low-glycemic diets are more effective than low-fat diets in treating obesity, insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes.
- People report less hunger and more energy, making it much easier to stick with the program.
3. FLT incorporates medical foods and dietary supplements.
- Using appropriate medical foods and dietary supplements as part of this program can improve the effectiveness of the program for you and help you achieve your health goals.
- Medical foods are designed to address the unique nutritional needs of patients with specific health concerns.
- Dietary supplements provide targeted nutritional support for specific functions, such as healthy blood cholesterol or blood sugar levels, joint function and mobility, or healthy hormone metabolism.
4. FLT has been demonstrated to be effective in controlled clinical trials.
- Most other diets have not.